Monday 2 March 2015

Girly Bits Cosmetics - Conga



Today I have a lovely polish to review. It is from Indi Company called Girly Bits Cosmetics in the shade Conga. You can buy direct from their website, www.girlybitscosmetics.com or from other international sites. I picked mine up from www.harlowandco.org for $11.50 Canadian. I had to wait for 6 weeks for the polishes to arrive to New Zealand, so I’m not sure I would purchase through Harlow again as 6 weeks.


The polish is described as “Conga is an aqua crelly base with neon pink and white squares, lavender and teal hexes, plus aqua and white dots”. I was surprised by how much of the glitter bits I was able to get on the brush, and transfer to the nail. By not having to fish for the glitter bits makes this polish much more enjoyable to apply.


The white round glitter and the large square pink glitter are large, and did stick up off the nail. I used Seche Vite as a top coat, and I applied 2 layers before I was happy with the glitter not being felt on the nail. If you don’t mind the texture of the glitter on the nail, just one layer of top coat will be fine.


One thing I would do differently would be to put a base coat of another polish underneath which closely matches the crelly base colour.  Or even a white polish base would work. This would reduce the amount of layers of Conga you would have to have before you couldn’t see the nail line of your nail.


You get 0.5fl. oz/15ml of polish, which is a good size for a polish. It will defiantly last a while. The polish is also unique enough that you would be hard pressed to find another polish with the same glitters in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment