Thursday 19 March 2015

Essence L.O.L (138)



A more cheaper cosmetic brand Essence, is a European company which has been making its way into country’s around the world for the last several years. Australia have had Essence in the Priceline and Target stores for years now. Finally in 2014 New Zealand has been able to purchase the cosmetics through random Farmer stores, and the odd random shop around the country.

I have recently brought a few of the Essence Nail polish via a Auckland store through their website - http://pricewisedirect.co.nz  Essence main line of polish is $3.60 NZ (30ish polishes), with their Effect polish being $4.50 NZ. All Essence polishes are 8ml. It also has a 3 year expiry date which is more than some brands which only have 2 years.

Today I am wearing a bold lime green call L.O.L (138). 2 coats and a really good dry time. Good constancy. Brush was nice and easy to use. For being so cheap, you could be forgiven for thinking that like other cheap brands, there would be that classic strong polish smell. But there wasn’t any offense smell with this polish.
 
While I love the polish by it’s self, I’m always looking for ways to give a manicure a little something extra with nail art. Usually I use glitter, water marbling or stamping. Today I chose to use water decals. I choose a water marble decal I brought from the Born Pretty Store which was quite close in colour to the polish. Perhaps too close in colour. Either way, I love how it turned out. The polish needs to be a shade or too lighter for the decal to stand out more, but I’m really happy with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment