Thursday 26 February 2015

Lip Monthly February 2015

If you lurk around Youtube long enough, you will stumble across videos about monthly or quarterly subscriptions. Subscriptions for food, beauty, books, and even your pet! So after watching a few videos, I started to looking into signing up to one.

Firstly, New Zealand is a tad too isolated for most American subscriptions. I've found a few which are either from New Zealand or from Australia, but those are close to $30 a month. Which isn't too bad, but nothing like the $10 subscriptions you find in America.

Then I came across Lip Monthly. Lip Monthly is a monthly subscription (duh! look at the name) and it ships to New Zealand for just $5 extra than what the US pay. Admittedly it is in US dollars, but it is still a great deal.




The website came be found here - https://lipmonthly.com/referral/Pgb2GqNgPsjQ   This is a referral link and I get points if anyone signs up through the link, but you need a lot of points to actually get anything back.

Now, I'm one of those people who will read the last few pages of the book before I've even read the first page. So, knowing that this is US generated subscription, I started stalking Instagram hashtags for #lipmonthly, and I was really impressed by the fact that every month you get 4 full size items. It's either 3 lip products and one other beauty product, or 4 lip products each monthly. All within a good sized make-up bag.

So I signed up, and have just received my first bag. One thing I loved was that I received a tracking number so that you can track it's progress from the US. I received my bag only a few extra days than people in the US received theirs.

The bag for this month is a orange and purple in very pretty pattern. My bag does have a very plastic odor, so I won't be using it. There are 3 lip products and 1 eye shadow.


The products are:
So Susan Lip Dome in Black Current $10 (plumping lip tint)
Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain $25 (Lip & Cheek pomade)
Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in hooked $13
Cargo eyeshadow in Babylon $16

So on to the products and swatches.

So Susan Lip Dome in Black Current $10 (plumping lip tint)
So Susan Lip Dome in Black Current
So Susan Lip Dome in Black Current
So Susan Lip Dome in Black Current


This is not a plumping product regardless of the words on the products. It is very pigmented, and is close to being a lipstick except being in a wind-up tube. You get 2.5g of product and has an expiry date of 18 months.

Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain $25 (Lip & Cheek pomade)
Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain
Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain
 Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain
Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain


Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain $25 (Lip & Cheek pomade)
This is really a puzzle to me. The colours are ok, and do cater to a wide range of skin tones. The only way to get this product on your cheeks though is to use your fingers or a really small brush. What I found is that the pale pink is really dry, with the other colours being slightly more creamy. The bottom right shade which looks like a red in the pan but more of a dark pink, and is the creamiest of all the shades. You get 4g of product and has an expiry date of 18 months. This product is also labelled as cruelty -free.

Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hooked $13
Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hooked
 Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hooked
 Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hooked

Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hooked $13
This is a very glossy lip product. In the tube it looks red, but is more of a dark orange red. The gloss is easy to apply, and although I used a lip-liner, it did bleed into the skin around the mouth. There is a very faint smell to the product but once it is on the lip, you don't notice. It had the usual wear time for any lip gloss. You get 3g of product and has an expiry date of 12 months.

Cargo eyeshadow in Babylon $16

Cargo in Babylon
Cargo in Babylon
Cargo in Babylon

Cargo eyeshadow in Babylon
I love the colour of the eye shadow. I wouldn't wear it as it's way too out of my comfort zone. I've not had a lot of experience with Cargo products, but I'm still on the fence of whether I like this product or not. The first swatch was straight on skin. The second is over eye primer. You must use a primer if you want the colour and intensively to appear on your eye-lids. You get 3.5g of product and has an expiry date of 18 months.

Finally, I would like to show that all the lip products do stain. I'm still impressed with the products I received and I'm happy to keep the subscription going.

Lip Monthly February 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment