Monday 27 April 2015

KB Shimmer - Sugar Plum Faerie

Today I am wearing KB Shimmer - Sugar Plum Faerie. A jam pack crelly glitter fest in a purple base. There are large hexes in pink, royal blue, sky blue, yellow and lime green. Then there are smaller hexes of the same colours. Then even smaller hexes of the same colours. And then there is tiny particles of the same colours again!

KB Shimmer - Sugar Plum Faerie

KB Shimmer - Sugar Plum Faerie
I picked my bottle up from international shipping store Harlow & Co for US$9.50. You can also pick it up from www.kbshimmer.com for US$8.75 if you live in the US.

I had the hardest problem choosing a base to put under this polish. Did I want to just make this opaque on it's self, or do I put something underneath to cut down on the thickness of the layers I would have to do.
Orly Charged Up
I decided to go for Orly Charged Up. A dark purple which would work well, I thought.

Orly Charged Up
I did decide to see what Sugar Plum Faerie would look like over other colour bases. So, I pulled out my trustee Sally Hansen polishes.
KB Shimmer - Sugar Plum Faerie, Sally Hansen
Celeb City is a fine silver glitter. Black Out is a standard black polish. Cherry Red is a lovely red. Purple Potion is a purple shimmer. And lastly White On which is a plain white.

For me, the stand out polish which I wish I had originally gone with, would be the black. It makes all the glitter stand out and completely changes the polish from a purple polish to being just about the glitter of which there is a lot of it.

What would you choose to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment